Can’t sleep. I have a million worries and all of them are causing my body to constrict. My chest, my back, my stomach, my very hair feels as if it’s shrinking into my head. So I am going to take control of this moment. Maybe not 20 minutes from now, but this moment to do my challenge and keep me here for just a beat.
My challenge was to list my accomplishments or something of that nature. I can’t recall right now. Moving along. So I am going to list some now. Get my focus elsewhere I say.
- I finished school a few years after I became a mom, because I never wanted my child to say they didn’t have to because I didn’t.
- I took my responsibility and commitment to motherhood very seriously. I never forgot that a part of who they become will be because of who I and their father were or were not.
- I have always defended those who can’t defend themselves.
- I have always believed the best in people no matter how many have proved me wrong. I assume everyone is inherently good. It hurts when those that are deceptive or lack integrity show their truth (and those that are always do eventually), but I’m proud I still hold onto it.
- I am still in business after 2 years. Not always lucrative, sometimes down right nerve wracking. But, it’s slowly growing a solid foundation of ongoing clients. Can’t win if I don’t play right?
- I am an extremely loyal person.
- When my husband was a contractor, I actually worked in the field. Not very long (maybe 6 months) but until I realized how painful it is to dig ditches in 115 degree weather, I was a tool belt wearing, hammer swinging chick. Followed by years of keeping it to office, site locator and permit girl lol. I learned I am not in fact able to do anything a man can do. Since then, you couldn’t get me to pick up a trowel or a nail gun if you paid me.
- I have really worked hard this past year to expand beyond where I am trapped. I am fighting to prove to myself, that I can really change my own perception of who I am as well as my limitations. I expect the best in everyone else, why not myself?
That’s all I got. Some are traits, but I consider them accomplishments of my human nature. I think I did pretty good overall.