Did you know that smiling actually makes you, the person smiling, happier regardless of the situation. Normally we are hardwired to smile only during pleasant situations. The brain in turn releases endorphins which lowers stress and improves your overall mood, hence making the situation pleasant.
6 ways to get in the habit of smiling more:
- Smile the moment you wake up.
- Remind yourself in the morning that you are going to smile more today.
- Set reminders to smile. Put a reminder in your phone , a note attached to your visor, written on the mirror, or taped to the fridge.
- Create cues to smile. When your hand hits the door to your house, when you enter work, or when you see a stop sign. Pick your cues and look for opportunities to use them
- Think happy thoughts.Practice leaning your thoughts into something positive. In a frustrating situation look for something good in it. Every day try to find something positive to contemplate.
- Smile at everyone you see today. And tomorrow. And the next day. And every next day after.
SEE THE FUNNY
WORD OF HAPPINESS